One woman's path through doula training, childrearing, and a computer science Ph. D. program

Friday, December 4, 2009

The $800 immunizations: Part 4

It's been 90 days since I was first billed for my son's immunizations. Now, the $800 immunizations story comes to a close.

See The $800 immunizations: part 1, part 2, part 3.

I called the billing department to get that "settlement offer" of 10%.

"The what?" the customer service representative asked.
"The settlement offer that I was told about."
"We don't have such a thing."

I explained what I was told before, the last time I called, and was put on hold for a full ten minutes.
When the representative returned, she said, "Because the previous person you talked to promised you a settlement offer, we must uphold this agreement, but we do not have such an offer in place."

I agreed to pay the bill in full, minus ten percent, which came to over $1100 and thanked the representative.

Needless to say, we will not need this offer ever again, because we do not intend to go to the medical group ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...