One woman's path through doula training, childrearing, and a computer science Ph. D. program

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I write like Jonathan Swift?!

I Write Like, the website which analyses your writing and tells you which author your writing resembles most, analyzed my blog with the following result:



I write like
David Foster Wallace
I Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing!


Next, I input a couple paragraphs from my most recent publication on file systems usability:



I write like
Jonathan Swift
I Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing!


What's interesting is not necessarily the authors, but what this may mean.  Is my academic writing hard to read and antiquated?  Do I use unnecessary English anachronisms?  I don't know.

But I do know that I Write Like analysed a professor-mentor's academic writing as David Foster Wallace.  Her grant proposals read like my blog.

That's harrowing.  By which I mean, that's distressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...